Autism & PDD Photo Cards: Verb Tense Questions
Product Code : MPS8-35001
Uncluttered, large-size, realistic photos isolate verb forms and help children comprehend, respond to, and ask questions.
240 cards target regular past tense, irregular past tense, future tense, and present tense + infinitive verb tense. A three-level cueing hierarchy on the back of each card helps you phrase the stimulus to get the desired response. Instruction cards give additional teaching strategies, including how to begin; how to make the task more or less difficult; and cues used to elicit correct syntax, morphology, and sound production. The set covers these question forms:
- regular past tense /td/, /dd/ endings - The boy saw something in the sky. Then what happened He pointed.
- regular past tense /t/ endings - The boy has an apple. I see an apple tree. What happened He picked an apple.
- regular past tense /d/ endings - The boy has a hair dryer. His hair is dry. What happened He dried his hair.
- irregular past tense - I see a boy and part of a Popsicle. What happened He ate (the Popsicle).
- future tense - I see a girl with a shoe. What will she do She will tie her shoe.
- present tense + infinitive - The boy is sliding (down). What does he like to do He likes to slide (down).
The adaptable cards present a wide variety of people and situations in functional, everyday life situations that are meaningful to children. The cards are designed for children on the autism spectrum, but they also work well for children with other language disorders and English Language Learners.
COMPLETE PRODUCT INCLUDES: 240, 5"" x 7"" double-sided, coated picture/stimuli cards and 8 instructor cards, all in a sturdy storage box. ( 2008)