CAS2: Brief Complete Kit
Product Code : MPS8-14285
Ages: 5 through 18 years
Testing Time: 30 to 40 minutes
The CAS2: Brief is a norm-referenced measure of cognitive ability based on the well-researched cognitive/neuropsychological theory called PASS (Planning, Attention, Simultaneous, and Successive). PASS abilities are evaluated using four subtests (Planned Codes, Simultaneous Matrices, Expressive Attention, and Successive Digits) which are combined to yield a Total Score. The sum of index scores can be converted into a percentile rank and composite index score with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.
The CAS2: Brief provides practitioners with a brief but valid and reliable tool to examine children and adolescentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s strengths and weaknesses in important areas of cognitive processing. The CAS2: Brief was designed to be used whenever a fast, reliable, research-based measure is needed to evaluate PASS cognitive abilities. This would include initial testing to measure overall ability and examination of variability in PASS scores to determine possible implications for intervention.
CAS2: Brief Components
- Examiner's Manual. This manual provides general information, specific instructions for administering and scoring the subtests, norms tables, and interpretive tables.
- Stimulus Book. The Stimulus Book provides the stimulus items for the Simultaneous Matrices and Expressive Attention subtests.
- Student Response Book. The Student Response Booklet is used for examinees to record responses to the Planned Codes subtest.
- Scoring Templates. A spiral-bound booklet with six scoring templates offers examiners a convenient aid for ease and accuracy in scoring the Planned Codes subtest.
- Examiner Record Form. The Examiner Record Form provides space for recording responses for each subtest, as well as a summary of the scoring and permanent documentation of test results.
- Red pencils. Two red pencils are included for the student to use when taking the Planned Codes subtest.
The CAS2: Brief was standardized using a group of 1,417 children and adolescents that closely represent the population of the U.S. Extensive reliability and validity information is reported in the Examiner's Manual. Full Scale reliability is .94; subtest reliabilities range from .86 to .93. Validity studies compare CAS2: Brief results with both the CAS2 and CAS2: Rating Scale, as well as a variety of tests of intelligence and achievement.
COMPLETE CAS2: BRIEF KIT INCLUDES: Examiner's Manual, Stimulus Book, 25 Examiner Record Forms, 25 Student Response Books, and Scoring Templates, and one red pencil, all in a sturdy storage box. (2014)