FLUHARTY 2: Fluharty Preschool Speech and Language Screening Test
Product Code : MPS8-9345
Ages: 3-0 through 6-11
Testing Time: 10 minutes
The Fluharty Preschool Speech and Language Screening Test-Second Edition (Fluharty-2) contains five subtests: Articulation, Repeating Sentences, Responding to Directives and Answering Questions, and Describing Actions and Sequencing Events. Scores reflect performance in articulation, receptive language, expressive language, and composite language. The Fluharty-2 provides rapid identification of those preschool children for whom a complete speech and language evaluation is recommended. The Fluharty-2 is a complete revision, normed on 705 children in 21 states. Sample populations represent the geographical distribution of the United States in 1998 and projected figures for 2000.
Coefficient alphas and test-retest correlations are high enough to warrant individual administration of the Fluharty-2.
Content validity studies related the test's content to current developmental studies and provided thorough individual item analysis. Criterion-related validity studies compared subtests of the Fluharty-2 to the TOLD-P:3 composites. Results demonstrated a strong correlation between the two instruments. Construct validity measures support the Fluharty-2 as a valid screening tool for use with preschool children.
Examination of items on the Fluharty-2 indicated little or no bias relative to gender, disability, racial, socioeconomic or ethnic group.
Features of this major revision include:
- The Fluharty-2 is easy to administer quickly and is appealing to children.
- The Fluharty-2 provides standard scores (M = 100, SD = 15) and percentiles for subtests and composites. There are age equivalents for the composites.
- The kit contains all necessary manipulatives.
- There is space on the record form for noting phonological process errors, voice quality, and fluency.
- Teacher Questionnaires allow for collaboration when assessing children in school populations.
- The Fluharty-2 is a norm-referenced screening test designed and thoroughly analyzed to provide ""good"" statistical information.
- The theoretical model for the Fluharty-2 follows current language development information.
COMPLETE FLUHARTY-2 KIT INCLUDES: Examiner's Manual, Picture Book, 25 Profile/Record Forms, and 3 ea. yellow, white, blue, and black blocks, all in a sturdy storage box. ( 2000)