Functional Communication Profile Revised (FCP-R)
Product Code : MPS8-34040
Best-Selling Assessment of Developmental Delays
Ages: 3-0 through adult
Testing Time: 45 to 90 minutes
The FCP-R lets you account for some of the unique aspects of communication and the diversity among individuals with developmental and acquired delays. It addresses all communication possibilities and is not limited to oral language expression. Test items help fulfill the standards in state and federal regulations in the United States.
The test assesses students' language-based responses to portrayed, peer-to-peer situations which is unlike other tests which rely on observation forms.
The FCP-R yields an overall inventory of the individual's communication abilities, mode of communication (e.g., verbal, sign, nonverbal, augmentative), and degree of independence. Clients are assessed and rated in the major skills categories of communication through direct observation, teacher and caregiver reports and one on one testing. The FCP-R is appropriate for individuals who range between mild and profound deficits.
- Sensory/Motor- auditory, visual, gross-motor, and fine-motor skills and behavior
- Attentiveness- attention span, alertness, response levels, cooperation, and level of awareness
- Receptive Language- comprehension of verbal and nonverbal language and basic concepts, interest in pictures and objects, following commands, and object and two-dimensional recognition
- Expressive Language- verbal and nonverbal communication, manner and modality of communication, quality of self-expression, object use and interactions, cause and effect, vocabulary, grammar, and phrase length
- Pragmatic/Social Language- communicative intent; questioning skills; conversational skills; turn-taking; topic initiation, maintenance, and elaboration; appropriateness of communication; reading/literacy; writing/spelling; and memory
- Speech- intelligibility of sounds produced, dentition, and oral-motor imitation
- Voice- loudness, vocal quality, and pitch
- Oral- mouth breathing, drooling, tongue thrust, and swallowing/diet
- Fluency- fluency, rate of speech, and rhythm and intonation
- Non-Oral Communication- use of sign language, two-dimensional expression, yes/no, fine-motor abilities, and effectiveness of current augmentative or alternative communication system
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES: Examiner's Manual and 15 Profile Forms. ( 2003)