Handbook of Exercises for Language Processing HELP for Grammar
Product Code : MPS8-31609
Ages: 8-AdultGrades: 3-Adult
You'll keep coming back to this book of grammar lessons. Its large scope and timeless content is appropriate for a broad range of language disorders in children and adults.
Written in the best-selling format of the HELP series, these lessons have:
- goal-driven activities
- expansive content
- appeal to a broad age-range
- gradual increase in complexity within and between activities
- application to a wide range of developmental and acquired disorders
Get an expansive range of grammar skills and exercises in one book. The lessons can be used for oral and written language skills.
- NounsLearn about common nouns, proper nouns, and regular and irregular plural nouns. Discriminate between common and proper nouns and plural and possessive forms. Categorize nouns and identify nouns and subjects in sentences.
- PronounsIdentify pronouns including possessive pronouns and referent pronouns.
- AdjectivesIdentify adjectives and match them with nouns.
- VerbsIdentify verbs and understand noun-verb agreement. Use helping verbs, regular and irregular past tense verbs, and future tense verbs. Use negatives with verbs and form contractions.
- AdverbsIdentify adverbs and match them with verbs.
- Direct ObjectsIdentify objects and compound objects. Match verbs with objects.
- PrepositionsIdentify prepositions and match objects with prepositions.
- QuestionsDiscriminate questions from statements. Ask wh-, can, and may questions. Change word order to form questions.
- Conjunctions, Interjections, Prefixes, and SuffixesIdentify conjunctions, interjections, prefixes, and suffixes. Tell how prefixes and suffixes change word meanings.
- Applying Grammar Skills in ContextUse new grammar skills in sentences. Manipulate parts of speech in grammatically correct ways, while taking the context into consideration.
191 pages 8.5 x 11, softcover 1995