How to Use Positive Practice, Self-Correction, and Overcorrection Second Edition E-Book
Product Code : MPS8-14543
How to Manage Behavior Series Second Edition
This manual explains the use of positive practice, self-correction, and overcorrection to parents and teachers who are responsible for the care and supervision of young persons. Other users include childcare workers, counselors, and staff members of institutions for young persons with developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, or emotional disturbances.
This book is intended to be part of an instructional program supervised by a counselor or professional who is familiar with positive practice, self-correction, and overcorrection. The manual includes exercises and illustrations that exemplify the use of these procedures.
Preface to Series
I. Positive Practice
- Introduction to Positive Practice
- Example of Positive Practice
- Identifying the Response to Be Practiced
- Simple Correction Versus Positive Practice
- Practicing the Correct Behavior
- Giving Positive Practice Immediately After the Mistake
- Giving Approval for the Correct Response
- What if the Child Refuses to Do the Required Positive Practice?
- Self-Imposes Positive Practice
- Keeping a Record
- Exercises in Using Positive Practice
II. The Principles of Self-Correction and Overcorrection
- Introduction to Self-Correction and Overcorrection
- Examples of Self-Correction and Overcorrection
- Defining Overcorrection
- The Correction Should Suit the Offense
- Exercises in Using Self-Correction and Overcorrection
- Simple Correction Versus Overcorrection
- What if the Situation Cannot be Corrected?
- How to Decide on the Type of Correction
- What if the Person Refuses to Perform the Self-Correction or Overcorrection?
- Self-Correction Differs From Punishment
- Keeping a Record
- Combined Use of Positive Practice, Self-Correction, and Overcorrection
- References and Further Reading
E-Book Features and Benefits
- Accessible from any device with Internet access
- Search and find using keywords
- Add notes and bookmarks as you read
To see more of this product's contents:
85 pages 6 x 9, softcover 1998