Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders Fifth Edition
Product Code : MPS8-14221
The fifth edition of Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders uses detailed illustrations and easy-to-read text to introduce the broad range of topics in the field. Its contents provide a clear organizational structure in five sections:
- Communication and Communication Disorders
- Language Development and Disorders
- Speech Disorders
- Hearing Disorders
- The Profession of Communication Sciences and Disorders
New to the fifth edition:
- The informal writing style makes the content more readable and easier to grasp. This is especially helpful for students encountering most of these topics for the first time.
- The content can be covered in one semester.
- Sections have been added on assessing voice and adult neurogenic disorders.
- Information on diversity and multicultural issues has been updated and expanded.
- This textbook now discusses the impact of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fifth Edition (DSM-5) on the field of communication sciences and disorders, especially as it affects the communication needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
- Also included in this edition is a description of how evidence-based practices have emerged to guide clinicians providing services to clients with communication disorders.
- Embedded quick response (QR) codes, take the reader directly to the relevant videos and websites.
- All the chapters have been thoroughly updated, revised, and reorganized.
- All references have been completely updated.
376 pages 7 X 10, softcover 2016