Just for Kids Interactive Auditory Processing Pictures
Product Code : MPS8-37617
Ages: 5-10Grades: K-5
Students improve their auditory skills as they listen for clues and follow directions by drawing on large-size, illustrated cards with dry-erase markers.
Use an interactive approach to build auditory processing skills. Students draw in response to your directions on 50 full-color, dry-erase pictures. When the lesson is finished, simply wipe off the card.
There are three types of listening activities for each card:
- Exclusionary ListeningListen to a short story and four clues to narrow down which item is being described.
- Listening for DirectionsFollow concept-based directions. Each card and set of directions targets one concept. The concepts pertain to attributes, spatial, temporal, quantitative, negation, and directions.
- Listening for CluesListen to clues in short stories to locate an item.
In addition to listening skills, the cards can be used to develop attention and memory, receptive/expressive language, logical thinking, problem-solving, and vocabulary skills. Select the lessons and corresponding pictures based on these categories:
- AttributesTeach colors; shapes; and the concepts of large/small, thick/thin, same/different, medium-sized, horizontal, and more
- Spatial ConceptsIncludes on/off, top/bottom, inside/outside, next to, left/right, in a row, and more
- Temporal ConceptsTarget days of the week, months, first, last, today/tomorrow/yesterday, and more
- Quantitative ConceptsThese lessons include numbers, half/whole, every, few, except, part of, and more
- NegationTeach students to understand ""no"" and ""not.""
- DirectionsTeach the concepts of ""other"" and ""skip.""
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES: 25, 8 "" x 11"" double-sided, full-color, coated picture cards; 56-page manual with stimulus items and printable pictures in color and black and white and tracking chart; 4 dry erase markers (black, green, red, blue); all in a vinyl folder. ( 2006)