KSPT: Kaufman Speech Praxis Test for Children
Product Code : MPS8-9027
Ages: 2-0 through 5-11Testing Time: 5 to 15 minutesAdministration: Individual
The KSPT identifies the level of breakdown in a child s ability to speak so that treatment can be established and improvement tracked. Easy to administer and score, the test helps you measure a child s imitative responses to the clinician, locates where the child s speech system is breaking down, and points to a systematic course of treatment.
Results of the KSPT are useful beyond establishing an initial diagnosis. Gains in motor-speech proficiency can be measured and quantified in several ways. Individual sections of the test can be used to establish treatment goals and measure progress. KSPT results also can be used to generate Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). This assessment tool is critical for speech and language pathologists who work with children in public schools, hospitals, universities, and private practice.
Highlights of the KSPT:
- Items organized from simple to complex motor-speech movements, using meaningful words whenever possible
- An imitative, stimulus/response format that can be administered easily without pictorial stimulation
- Norm-referenced and standardized items that provide a raw score, a standard score, and a percentile ranking for each part of the test
- A diagnostic rating scale that assists in delineating severity levels on a continuum
- Normative information related to the normal speaking population of children and the disordered population
COMPLETE KSPT KIT INCLUDES: Manual, Clinician s Guide, and 25 Test Booklets. ( 1995)