Product Code : MPS8-31672
No more searching for materials to develop vowel sounds! This convenient resource has materials and treatment techniques for all the vowels and diphthongs at all levels of ability.
Use No-Glamour Vowels for childhood apraxia of speech, severe articulation disorders, and English Language Learners. The expansive content includes:
- hundreds of pages of picture-based activities progressing through establishment, words, phrases, sentences, and generalization
- hierarchy of simple to complex word shapes and contexts
- stimuli loaded with the target vowel sound are ideal for practice and auditory bombardment
- vowel screening tool
- elicitation and establishment techniques
- manner of production and ages of mastery for each vowel and diphthong
- vowel placement chart
- adaptations for home practice
The activities are organized into these units:
- Long a
- Short a
- Long e
- Short e
- Long i
- Short i
- Long o
- Short o
- Hooked ""u"" (e.g., book)
- Diphthong ""ow""
- Diphthong ""oi""
Each unit uses a systematic progression of stimuli:
- Single Word picture pages- twelve pictures/target words per page; organized by word shapes of increasing complexity
- Word/Phrase/Sentences picture pages- four pictures/target words per page; each target word is trained in utterances of increasing length (e.g., ate, the dog ate, the dog ate everything on his plate); phrases and sentences are loaded with the target vowel sound; target words systematically increase in length and complexity
- Word list- a practice list that includes the pictured words (on the Single Word and Word/Phrase/Sentences activity sheets) and additional words in VC, VCC, CV, CCV, CCCV, CVC, CCVC, CVCC, CCVCC, and CCCVC combinations
- Generalization picture pages- illustrations with a short story or poem loaded with the target vowel sounds
- Personalized Practice- each word is presented with a picture and blank lines so you can customize the practice to your client
The generalization and personal practice pages are available online via a code that comes with the book. This supplemental material contains additional printable pages of therapy materials in PDF format.
188 pages 8.5 x 11, softcover book, plus online access to additional printable pages 2012