Preschool Apraxia Cards
Product Code : MPS8-35025
Ages: 3-7Grades: PreK-2
Treat childhood apraxia of speech with appealing preschool pictures and a precise, organized hierarchy of word selections and prompts.
This 240-card set has an evidence-based progression, moving from basic syllable sequences to multisyllabic word production in sentences. The stimuli are phonetically-controlled which lets you introduce one phonemic variable at a time. Captivating art and age-appropriate vocabulary hold youngsters' attention.
The nine sections of stimuli are carefully arranged to give a precise progression of demand on the child's motor planning skills:
- VC/CV (bee, up)
- CVC no change in consonant (bib, nine)
- CVC change in consonant but not place (mop, sun)
- CVC change in consonant and place (bed, soap)
- CVCV no change in consonant or vowel (no-no, cocoa)
- CVCV change in vowel but not consonant (baby, cookie)
- CVCV change in consonant and vowel (bunny, coffee)
- CVCVC (lemon, carrot)
- Multisyllabic (banana, fingernail)
A five-level cueing hierarchy on each card supports the progression of demand on motor planning. Move your student through all five cueing levels as his motor-planning skills improve.
Cueing hierarchy for sections 1 through 7:
- Cloze sentence: My pants are too [loose] .
- Supply the rhyming word: Goose rhymes with [loose] .
- Answer a wh- question: What is the opposite of tight? loose
- Say the target word three times: loose, loose, loose
- Repeat a sentence that contains the target word: Say, ""My shoe is loose.""
Cueing hierarchy for sections 8 and 9:
- Say the target word using forward chaining: Say ""Fire."" Say ""Fire-fite.""
- Say ""Fire-fite-er.""
- Cloze sentence: The fire was put out by the [firefighter] .
- Answer a wh- question: Who puts out fires? firefighter
- Say the target word three times: firefighter, firefighter, firefighter
- Repeat a sentence that contains the target word: Say, ""Call the firefighter.""
The 240 cards are further categorized with markers of the syllable type, sound placement, and vowels used in each word.
To see more of this product's contents:
COMPLETE SET INCLUDES: 240, 3 "" x 5"" coated cards, and 9 header cards, all in a sturdy storage box. ( 2010)