Scales for Assessing Emotional Disturbance Second Edition
Product Code : MPS8-13540
Ages: 5 through 18Testing Time: Rating Scale 10 minutes; Developmental/Educational Questionnaire 25 minutes; and Observation Forms 30 to 50 minutesAdministration: IndividualThe Scales for Assessing Emotional Disturbance Second Edition (SAED-2) will assist special educators, educational diagnosticians, school psychologists, and other professionals in identifying students with emotional disturbance (ED). It was normed on two large representative samples of students, one with ED and the other without. Gathered information can be used to select IEP goals, supplement Functional Behavior Assessments, document progress, and facilitate research.The SAED-2 has three components, each of which may be used alone or in various combinations of two or three:
- Rating Scale: A reliable, standardized, norm-referenced instrument subsisting of seven scales: (A) Inability to Learn, (B) Relationship Problems, (C) Inappropriate Behavior, (D) Unhappiness or Depression, (E) Physical Symptoms or Fears, (F) Socially Maladjusted, and (G) Adverse Effect on Educational Performance.
- Developmental/Educational Questionnaire: A supplemental assessment tool designed to gather information from the student s parent or other primary caregiver.
- Observation Forms: A supplemental assessment tool that relies directly on observation methods to assess target behaviors, classroom behavior and emotional problems of students. It measures observable aspects of the five federal definitions of ED characteristics: (A) Inability to Learn, (B) Relationship Problems, (C) Inappropriate Behavior, (D) Unhappiness or Depression, and (E) Physical Symptoms or Fears).
Complete SAED-2 Kit ( 2010) Includes:
- Examiner s Manual
- 25 Rating Scales
- 25 Developmental/Educational Questionnaire
- 25 Observation Forms
- all in a sturdy storage box.