Word-Finding Intervention Program Second Edition (WFIP-2)
Product Code : MPS8-11832
The second edition of the Word-Finding Intervention Program provides professionals with specific interventions to address a learner's word-finding skills. Like its predecessor, the WFIP-2 uses a three-pronged approach to word-finding intervention: retrieval strategy instruction, self-advocacy instruction, and word-finding accommodations. After assessment of a learner's word-finding skills, retrieval strategies are matched to a learner's word-finding error patterns, and learners are presented with activities that encourage generalization of these retrieval strategies at school, home, work, or play.
The WFIP-2 includes important changes and additions. The second edition is improved in its overall organization and user-friendly presentation. It also offers better retrieval strategy selections and word-finding accommodations. You'll get lesson plans, specialist's forms, and integration of technology recommendations throughout. Specific improvements include:
- Research-supported mnemonic retrieval strategies
- Assessment discussion of the differential diagnosis of word-finding error types
- Organization according to error patterns typically observed in individuals with word-finding difficulties
- Technology recommendations for retrieval strategy instruction, word-finding accommodations, oral presentations, and written language
- Improved, user-friendly lesson plans and student study forms
- Word-Finding Self-Assessment Survey
- Classroom Observation Form to identify needed word-finding accommodations
- Recommended Word-Finding Accommodations Form to individualize word-finding accommodations
Over the last 12 years, the Word Finding Intervention Program has become very popular and has been used in numerous schools, centers, and hospitals by speech-language pathologists, special education personnel, and reading teachers. This program can help you assess and treat children with word-finding difficulties.
306 pages 8.5 x 11 spiral binding 2005