Apraxia and Dysarthria Treatment Manuals COMBO
Product Code : MPS8-11016
Apraxia Treatment Manual
Apraxia Treatment Manual provides imaginative and functional practice materials. Activities are organized in a hierarchy of increasing length and complexity to ensure success. Introductory sections give a brief and helpful explanation of apraxia and how to remediate it.
The majority of the book provides articulation practice with 3 levels of word and sentence lists, organized by place of articulation, for consonants and type of vowel. Other sections address:
- Prosody: materials to improve rate, rhythm, and stress.
- Advanced Activities: exercises for improving self-monitoring, fine-tuning and making speech sound more natural.
- Group activities: Apraxia Bingo, Newscasts, and phonemic menus (e.g., Chubby's Chicken and Shrimp for palatals).
Dysarthria Treatment Manual
This practical manual emphasizes self-monitoring and self-reliance. Dozens of exercises will keep your clients' progress on track. It begins with an introduction to dysarthria: its definitions, types, etiology, prognosis, principles of therapy, and treatment goals. Client and family handouts provide education, and a simple communication board helps people through the rough spots. Creative exercises - many appropriate for home programs - present intriguing characters and situations as they address:
- oral-motor exercises
- intelligibility in utterances of increasing length and complexity
- articulation in CVC syllables, minimal pairs, phrases, and sentences
Advanced exercises feature the author's fabulous phonemic menus, e.g. Maddy's Pub (bilabials) and Yogi's Rib House (glides and glottals). This reproducible resource is a must for any clinician working with clients with dysarthria.
To see more of this product's contents:
- About the Author
- Introduction Apraxia
- Introduction Dysarthria
- Tableof Contents Apraxia
- Tableof Contents Dysarthria
- Sample Apraxia
- Sample Dysarthria