How to Manage Behavior Series Second Edition
This manual is intended as a guide for parents, teachers, and other professionals as they work to shape and improve the behavior of their children, students, or others. Positive consequences effectively strengthen and maintain desirable behaviors, but there are times when additional consequences may be appropriate to reduce unwanted behavior. One such consequence is response cost. The reader will learn steps in order to use response cost in an effective and responsible manner.
The examples provided are culled from a body of research in applied behavior analysis and the author s own experiences. Exercises are also placed throughout the manual to guide the reader in understanding and applying response cost in the home, work, or community environment. The procedures and exercises are designed to be used under the supervision of a professional with a strong behavioral background, someone who can provide guidance to the reader should he or she encounter problems or need suggestions.
- Preface to Series
- Why Should You Consider Response Cost?
- What Is Response Cost?
- Basic Steps in Using Response Cost
- Benefits of Using Response Cost
- Considerations When Using Response Cost
- References and Further Reading
E-Book Features and Benefits
- Accessible from any device with Internet access
- Search and find using keywords
- Add notes and bookmarks as you read
To see more of this product's contents:
33 pages e-book 1998