Just for Adults: Concrete Categories E-Book
Product Code : MPS8-33112E
Ages: 16-AdultGrades: 11-Adult
Improve concrete categorization skills with lessons that accommodate the limited language of adults recovering from neurological impairments. Adult clients practice identifying, grouping, and differentiating items in a variety of concrete categories.
Simple, functional content and a gentle task progression build success. Clients respond to the tasks by marking the correct answer, giving verbal answers, and writing one-word answers. A screening tool helps identify the client's reasoning strategies prior to designing therapy sessions.
The one-page, ready-to-use activities include:
- selecting, matching, and sorting members of concrete categories (e.g., drinks, rooms, kitchen items)
- excluding words that don't belong in a concrete category (e.g., shoe, slipper, boot, road)
- naming concrete category members (e.g., Name a month that begins with O. [October] )
- listing items by location and categories (e.g., things found at the beach)
E-Book Features and Benefits
- Accessible from any device with Internet access
- Search and find using keywords
- Add notes and bookmarks as you read
40-pages e-book 2007