Motor-Free Visual Perception Test Fourth Edition (MVPT-4)
Product Code : MPS8-14216
Ages: 4 through 80
Testing Time: 20-25 minutes
Stimuli are black-and-white line drawings and designs, with answer choices presented in an easy to record multiple-choice format. Test takers respond by pointing, making the test particularly useful with those who may have motor disabilities. The MVPT-4 is one of the most widely used visual perceptual assessment for recertifying adult drivers after head injury or stroke.The MVPT-4 can be used for screening and research purposes by psychologists, occupational therapists, educational specialists, optometrists, and others who may need to determine a personÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s overall ability to discern and understand visual stimuli.
Visual Perceptual Abilities AssessedThe following tasks are assessed:
- Visual Discrimination - the ability to discriminate dominant features of different objects, including the ability to discriminate position, shapes, and forms.
- Spatial Relationships - the ability to perceive the positions of objects in relation to oneself and to other objects. Items assess the perception of pictures, figures, or patterns that are disoriented in relation to each other, such as figure reversals and rotations.
- Visual Memory Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the ability to recognize a previously presented stimulus item after a brief interval.
- Figure-Ground Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the ability to distinguish an object from background or surrounding objects.
- Visual Closure Ã¢â‚¬â€œ the ability to perceive a whole figure when only fragments are presented.
Administration and ScoringThe MVPT-4 takes approximately 20-25 minutes to administer. Test plates are contained in one easy-to use book with an easel back. Test administration cues are provided in the test plates to facilitate administration. Scoring is extremely easy; no basals or ceilings are needed. The raw score is quickly converted to ONE overall standard score and percentile rank.
COMPLETE MVPT-4 KIT INCLUDES: Manual, Test Plates and Recording Forms (25), in portfolio ( 2015).