No-Glamour Language Middle School
Product Code : MPS8-31659
This book uses curricular content and middle-school lesson formats to help students transfer language learning to the classroom and meet testing requirements.
The language lessons teach students to associate and apply information to a variety of contexts and respond to academic/testing questions accurately. Students learn 1,555 words from the social studies, science, language arts, math, geography, political science, and history curricula. Age-appropriate articulation lessons with a language approach are included for the r, s, z, l, and th sounds.
The book targets eight essential language skills:
- Vocabulary - using context to determine meaning, testing words, curricular vocabulary, and more
- Comprehension - identifying flag words, identifying and understanding sequence words, identifying passive voice sentences, and more
- Expression - asking questions, relating events, using complete sentences, and giving directions
- Grammar & Syntax - irregular plural nouns, past tense verbs, and comparatives; subject and verb agreement; whose vs. who's; and more
- Multiple Meanings - words, phrases, and sentences
- Figurative Language - identifying, explaining, associating, and using figurative language
- Reasoning - comparing and contrasting, analogies, general vs. specific terms, inferencing, and more
- Language Skills & Articulation - synonyms, antonyms, prefixes, and parts of speech
228 pages 8.5 x 11, softcover 2002