SEE: Social Emotional Evaluation
Product Code : MPS8-15025
Ages: 6-0 to 12-11
Testing Time: 20-25 minutes
The Social Emotional Evaluation (SEE) evaluates the social skills and higher level language that students need to interact successfully in everyday situations at home, school, and in the community. The SEE presents typical social situations and common emotional reactions that elementary and middle school students encounter frequently. It is ideal for identifying social and emotional language needs of students with autism spectrum disorders, emotional disorders, learning disabilities, or attention deficit disorders.
To ensure that you administer auditory stimuli consistently, an audio CD accompanies Sections III (Understanding Social Gaffes) and IV (Understanding Conflicting Messages) of SEE. Use the Teacher/Parent Questionnaire as a quick screening tool to help determine whether you need to administer the full evaluation or confirm test results.
The SEE includes five subtests for assessing social language.
- Recalling Facial Expressions-The student looks at a picture of a facial expression and then identifies the same expression given a choice of four pictures.
- Identifying Common Emotions-The student identifies an emotion from a choice of four pictures.
- Recognizing Emotional Reactions-The student matches a picture of an emotion to a picture that elicits that emotion from a choice of four pictures.
- Understanding Social Gaffes-The student looks at a picture of a social situation and listens to an accompanying audio clip, then he/she identifies whether everyone in the situation behaved appropriately.
- Understanding Conflicting Messages-The student looks at a picture and listens to the accompanying audio clip. He/she determines whether the situation contains a conflicting message, and if so, identifies the true meaning of the message. The conflicting messages include humor, sarcasm, and lies.
Online Qualitative Response Analyzer:
The SEE includes an online Qualitative Response Analyzer that saves you time by calculating percentages for the questionnaires. The Response Analyzer will not calculate normative data (standard scores, etc.). It produces qualitative reports to help you establish intervention goals.
Valid And Reliable
The standardization samples for the SEE included over 800 children for the standardization sample and closely resembles U.S. Census Bureau Data for 2007. Test-retest and inter-rater reliability were all very high and over .88.
COMPLETE SEE KIT INCLUDES: Examiner's Manual, Test Easel, Audio CD, 30 Response Forms, 60 Questionnaires, 30 Summary Profile Forms, and Sturdy Tote Bag. (2008)