SPARC for Attributes
Product Code : MPS8-31159
Students learn to identify and organize attributes and to use that information to make word definitions. The step-by-step lessons work well for students with language processing disorders and English Language Learners.
Busy clinicians rely on the Stimulus Pictures for Assessment, Remediation, and Carryover (SPARC) series for:
- loads of pictures and practice opportunities
- convenience and portability
- systematic progression of discrete skills
- no student reading requirement
The book is organized into sixteen themed units (e.g., fruits, furniture, zoo animals, and sports). Each unit has five two-page activities. Each activity consists of a page of pictured items and a page of corresponding stimuli for the instructor.
Each unit targets four skill areas:
- Understanding Attributes- identify important attributes such as category, size, color, parts, and uses by pointing, naming, and using prior knowledge
- Naming, Sorting & Identifying Attributes- brainstorm items in a category, use a picture scene to name eight items in a category, sort items by one or two attributes, and identify one or two common attributes for a small group
- Comparing Two Members of a Category- describe how two items are alike and different
- Understanding & Completing Definitions- identify the critical features of items and use them to make word definitions
165 pages 11 X 8.5, spiral 2002