Spotlight on Vocabulary Level 1: 6-Book Set
Product Code : MPS8-31856
Kate LaQuay+ Carolyn LoGiudice Description Ages: 6-8Grades: 1-3 Build life-long vocabulary skills with a semantic approach. Students get in-depth practice with word relationships in six essential skill areas. Each...
Kate LaQuay+ Carolyn LoGiudice
Ages: 6-8Grades: 1-3
Build life-long vocabulary skills with a semantic approach. Students get in-depth practice with word relationships in six essential skill areas. Each book in this best-selling set has:
- clear, concise directions designed for students with limited language proficiency
- vocabulary taken from graded vocabulary lists familiar to most students
- a pretest/posttest
- minimal demands for spelling and writing
- appealing, one-page lessons with a variety of instruction formats
Each book targets a specific social language skill. The 6-book set consists of:
- Antonyms- Students learn the relationship of words that have opposite meanings as they match pictures and words that have opposite meanings and identify and name antonyms.
- Associations-Students learn to recognize associations between words and to organize vocabulary by word associations. Activities teach them to make associations by color, shape, function, actions, category, synonyms, antonyms, and rhyme.
- Attributes- Matching, naming, and sorting activities teach students to use words to describe things in many different ways.
- Categories- Students learn the many ways items can be grouped and that one thing can belong to many different categories.
- Concepts- Students master concepts encountered in school: quantity, degree/intensity, numbers, time/sequence, addition/subtraction, calendar and dates, and space/direction.
- Synonyms- Teach students that synonyms are words that mean the same thing with shades of differences. They'll sort, match, and give appropriate synonyms for a variety of words.
6-Book Set each book 40 pages 8.5 x 11, softcover 2005