Structured Photographic Expressive Language Test TE (SPELT-3)
Product Code : MPS8-12243
Target Group: Ages 4-0 through 9-11 yearsAdministration: 15 to 25 minutes
Structured Photographic Expressive Language Test Third Edition (SPELT-3) targets the assessment of morphology and syntax (morphosyntax) skills in children from ages 4-0 through 9-11. This third edition is a revision of an accepted tool for measurement of children s morphosyntactic development. The SPELT-3 measures a child s generation of specific morphologic and syntactic structures. It elicits responses from a child through structured visual and auditory stimuli. Each test item includes a visual stimulus that is a full color photograph of an everyday situation or activity.
Individual test items assess the child s use of MORPHOLOGY (preposition, plural, possessive noun and pronoun, reflexive pronoun, subject pronoun, direct/indirect object, present possessive noun and pronoun, reflexive pronoun, subject pronoun, direct/indirect object, present progressive aspect, regular and irregular past tense, modal auxiliaries, contractible/uncontractible copula, and contractible/uncontractible auxiliary) and SYNTACTIC structures (negative, conjoined sentences, wh question, interrogative reversal, negative infinitive phrase, propositional complement, relative clause, and front/center embedded clause).
- Overview of the SPELT-3 including test purpose and discussion of relevant literature on children s development of syntax and morphology as well as test design and development
- Scoring of response
- Scoring guide
- Analysis and interpretation of test results
- Development and standardization of the SPELT-3
- Technical qualities of the SPELT-3
Photographic Stimulus Book contains: a practice item photograph to elicit the appropriate type of response needed for the test items, and Fifty-four 4 x 6 photographs to elicit the various targeted morphological and syntactical structures.
Response Form Includes:
- Identifying information about the child, examiner, and test site
- Administration and response recording instructions
- A practice item to teach the child about the testing process
- Fifty-three test items assessing a variety of morphological and syntactical structures
- A blank space to note correct and incorrect answers
- An abbreviated description of the target structure
- An eliciting statement and additional suggested prompts
- Examples of expected responses (these responses appear in parentheses with the target response underlined)
- Record of Test Results including Raw Score, Standard Score, Confidence Interval, Percentile Rank, Percentile Band, and Age Equivalency
COMPLETE SPELT-3 KIT INCLUDES: Test Manual, Photographic Stimulus Book, and 50 Response Forms all in sturdy storage box. ( 2005)