WALC 12 Executive Functioning
Product Code : MPS8-31638
Description Kathryn J. Tomlin Ages: Adolescents - Adults Stimulate neurologically-impaired clients executive functioning with activities that use relevant content, themed around home activities and home maintenance. Written in the best-selling...
Kathryn J. Tomlin
Ages: Adolescents - AdultsStimulate neurologically-impaired clients executive functioning with activities that use relevant content, themed around home activities and home maintenance. Written in the best-selling format of the Workbook of Activities for Language and Cognition series, Executive Functioning includes reproducible exercises and activities that can be used in individual or group situations.
- Many of the tasks involve working memory, which taps into the clients general knowledge base, and encourages the client to ask others for help or to use whatever is available to gain the information they need to answer a question accurately.
- Most of the tasks provide answers for the client to choose from, which stimulates two specific thinking processes:
- First, it causes the client to evaluate all of the choices to determine whether the provided items fit the question, giving the client practice with self-analyzing and selection based on fact and appropriateness.
- Second, as these exercises were not developed for word finding or memory for general information improvement, the client wont be penalized if he has those deficits along with executive thinking deficits.
- Many of the items have multiple appropriate answers, which gives the client practice with thought flexibility.
- Many of the exercises have already been answered and the client must analyze whether the selected response was accurate. This provides practice with meta-cognitive skills for identifying, analyzing and planning.
- Several exercises have no right or wrong answers, as the responses will be based on the clients subjective opinions and preferences.
- Many of the tasks will assist the client in developing decision-making skills, based on fact as opposed to unverified opinions.
Complete program includes: 200 pages, answer key
To see more of this product's contents:
200 pages 8.5 x 11 softcover 2016