WALC 2 Cognitive Rehab
Product Code : MPS8-31627
Kathryn J. Tomlin
With 300 pages of exercises, you'll use this book for almost every client who needs help with attention, memory, sequential thought, and reasoning.
Written in the best-selling format of the Workbook of Activities for Language and Cognition series, these activities have:
- easy-to-read format
- simple, concise language
- consistent progression of complexity within and between tasks
- application to a wide range of acquired cognitive-language disorders
Activities are organized into five skill areas:
- Attention and ConcentrationSimple, engaging activities help clients increase their attention and concentration. Tasks include beginner-level math problems, word-search puzzles, crossword puzzles, and visual scanning exercises.
- Memory for General InformationClients access remote memory to answer questions. Skills in concrete and abstract reasoning, comprehension of sentences and short paragraphs, and word retrieval are reinforced.
- Visual and Auditory MemoryLearn memory strategies such as associations, chaining, and sequencing items. Thirty pages of practice materials are included.
- Sequential ThoughtImprove organization by sequencing letters to form words; words in sentences; and the steps in completing daily activities.
- ReasoningThis section has 100 pages of activities to improve reasoning, problem-solving, and personal insight. The task content progresses from concrete to abstract in this general order: concrete and abstract categorization, logical conclusions, similarities and differences, opposites, inconsistencies in sentences, analogies, word deduction, proverbs, stating the problem, improving a situation, consequences, positive and negative viewpoints, multiple character viewpoints, and deduction puzzles.
To see more of this product's contents:
301 pages 8.5 x 11 softcover 2002